ODA Annual Session
Info coming soon…
OAPD Luncheon @ the ODA Annual Session
September 15th-18th, 2016
For official AAPD meetings, visit the AAPD website.
Annual CE and Business Meeting
March 2nd, 2018
Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital
11100 Euclid Ave
About this Event:
“Behavior guidance is a continuum of interaction involving the dentist and dental team, the patient, and the parent directed toward communication and education.”* The goal of effective behavior guidance is to reduce anxiety, fear and apprehension while developing the comprehension and value of sound oral health and a life-long dental home.
This presentation will discuss the etiology of behavior, including genetic and social determinants. These will form the basis for methods of accurately assessing a child’s development, temperament, personality and fears. Such an assessment allows for prediction of, and preparation for, a child’s behavior and response to dental treatment.
Behavior guidance for infants, children, adolescents, and persons with special health care needs, with a variety of non-pharmacological and pharmacological techniques, will be discussed. This presentation will also describe patient selection and an approach to customizing behavior guidance techniques to the individual patient in order to provide care that is both safe and effective.
Dental Hygienist and Assistant Topic: Behavior Guidance for Patients and Parents: Dr. Rhea Haugseth
Objectives will be to:
1. Understand the difference between behavior guidance and behavior management
2. Understand the strategies and goals of behavior guidance
3. Learn universal behavior guidance techniques and their utilization
4. Recognize “separation anxiety” and how to diffuse it
5. Identify different parenting styles and how to work with them
6. Learn ways to assist patients and their parents in achieving a positive dental experience
2018 Business Meeting and Lunch
OAPD member :$0